I had not heard about Souper Jenny’s until the last week of this past July, with that week unfortunately being the last week they were open before they closed for the month of August. I asked my boss for the same accomodation, and he didn’t go for it.
Souper Jenny’s is a small (mostly) lunch spot on East Andrews in Buckhead. If you love you some soup, you have to check it out. This quaint, home-like establishment is creating some of the best soup I’ve had, along with fresh, creative side dishes, sandwiches, and salads, all served by over-the-top-friendly thespeians. Oh, and the menu changes daily. Their goal every day is to have 6 different soups, 2 sandwiches, and some sides and salads. Everything is made fresh, using quality ingredients (no canned veggies here).
Want to receive them menu via email every day? They can do that.
Some things to know about Souper Jenny’s:
- Cash only. They have an ATM in the line
- No cell phones
- Seating space is limited – however, all the buckhead people take so freaking long to order that the logistics work out. Standing in line and hearing “ohhhhhhhhh that looks soooo gooooood, can I try that one tooooo?” almost makes me lose my appetite. Almost. When I am in buffet/cafeteria lines, I move with expert efficiency due to my utmost respect of other people’s time
- Come early or come late. At 12-12:30 the line is 25-50 people long.
- It makes a great eHarmony date locale
- Clean your own table when you are done eating