I haven’t had much dining out on the blaugh lately as I was doing the Eat on $30, which was an awesome experience, even though I could only participate in an abbreviated version of the program. I’ll have a complete summary post coming tomorrow AM.
Last week while I was eating meagerly and responsibly, my inbox and bookmark was filling up with all sorts of ATL food happenings to make me day-dream of a nicer time when I was able to burn through money eat lavishly. Now I pass them on to you:
- The photos above are from my Love is Love benefit dinner at Woodfire Grill. It was very good, but the quality was especially impressive considering they were serving over 100 people at once. The African squash soup was out of control, and a welcome start to Fall. Love is Love is still selling their produce at The Local Farmstand on the Westside, but they have changed their hours to Thursday & Friday 10-6; Saturday 10-4:30.
- Also from Star Provisions, “Cheese Monger Tim Gaddis will host his “Cheesestock” tasting on Thursday, November 5. Enjoy the unique flavors and textures of Purple Haze, Constant Bliss, Barely Buzzed, Ewephoria and Smokey Blue cheeses. Call 404.365.0410 to reserve your spot today.”
- Amuse opens tonight in the former Allegro space.
- Ed from Wine Tonite is hosting a St. Supery tweetup at the Atlanta Wine School in Roswell tomorrow at 6:30PM. You can RSVP for the Roswell event online, or if you are close to VA-HI you can visit with Rick Bakas of St. Supery at Murphy’s.
- According to Thrillist, Hankook is now open. A few people have visited. (Live to Feast, FoodieBuddha, Chow Down Atlanta, Blissfulglutton).
- Les Dames d’Escoffier will be having their annual event at Serenbe Sunday November 9
- Repast is having a 5 course truffle dinner on Wednesday night. 125 bones. Playaz.
- If that ain’t enough, Craft has a $155 beer dinner coming up with Tom Colicchio. No word on free diet coke.
- The Abbondanza menu is in full effect at La Tavola now that Chef Craig Richards has returned from Italy. His blog rocks btw. Love the insight.
- Riverview Farms now has a meat CSA, with a variety of pickup spots around location. More info, including pricing available here.
Got all that?